Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My College Football Week 11 Picks/Predictions

After an exciting week 10, we head into week 11 where things could get pretty wild.  Here are my week 11 college football picks/predictions.

Lines via Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook

_________________________________________________________________________
#24 LSU (5-3) at #25 Arkansas (6-3) (7:00 PM ET, on ESPN, in Fayetteville, Arkansas)

Line is set at: #24 LSU (-7)

My pick: #24 LSU defeats #25 Arkansas 24-17

What to watch for: LSU's defense.  LSU and Arkansas are both coming off of different results.  LSU fell to Bama in a tough, hard fought game; while the Razorbacks rolled over Florida and got a big upset win at home.  However, I think that LSU will come out ready and not worrying about their loss to Bama last Saturday, and I think they will face a Razorbacks team who is also well prepared, but I see LSU coming out with the victory, and I see a huge part being because of their defense.

My thoughts on this game: I think that this game will be a fun game to watch, but I think it will be a relatively close game with the Tigers of LSU coming out on top in the end to improve to 6-3 on the season.
Photo credit: Derick E. Hingle - USA TODAY Sports 
_________________________________________________________________________

























_________________________________________________________________________
#20 USC (6-3) at #4 Washington (9-0) (7:30 PM ET, on FOX, in Seattle, Washington    

Line is set at: #4 Washington (-8.5)                                                                            

My pick: #4 Washington defeats #20 USC 37-34                                                          

What to watch for: Washington's offense.  The Huskies have a great offense, and have one of the best QBs in the nation in Jake Browning.  With that being said, I think that they will face a challenge vs the Trojans, and I think that it will go down-to-the wire, but I do see Washington escaping with the narrow victory.

My thoughts on this game: This game is an interesting one, because although Washington is a very good team and worthy of a top 5 spot, the Trojans of USC have won five straight and are looking really good right now, and are poised to give Washington a game on Saturday.  So, I think it'll be a close game that has a lot of people glued to their TV screens on Saturday, that Washington eventually gets the very close win in.

Photo credit: Kelley L. Cox - USA TODAY Sports
_________________________________________________________________________






















My Sneaky Good Game Of The Week
_________________________________________________________________________
Pittsburgh (5-4) at #2 Clemson (9-0) (3:30 PM ET, on ABC, in Clemson, South Carolina)

Line is set at: #2 Clemson (-20.5)                                                                                 

My pick: #2 Clemson defeats Pitt 27-20                                                                         

What to watch for: Clemson's defense.  The Tigers' defense has talent, and they've played well in a lot of their games so far this season, and I think they'll have to do so again vs Pitt in a game I think will be tougher than most people think.  I do see Clemson pulling out the victory, and I see it being in large part because of their defense in this game to improve to 10-0 on the season.

My thoughts on this game: I don't think this game is getting a lot of hype, but I think it will be a good game that is close and fun to watch that the Clemson Tigers find a way to win to stay in the top four in the nation.

Photo credit: Elise Amendola - AP Photo
_________________________________________________________________________


























UPSET OF THE WEEK
_________________________________________________________________________
#9 Auburn (8-1) at Georgia (5-4) (3:30 PM ET, on CBS, in Athens, Georgia)               
UPSET      

My pick: Georgia defeats #9 Auburn 30-28                                                                

What to watch for: Georgia's offense.  Georgia's offense hasn't been great so far this season, and they'll face a tough challenge this upcoming Saturday vs Auburn.  However, I see Georgia playing very well on Saturday and I see them pulling off a huge upset to become bowl eligible.

My thoughts on this game: This game is a big game because if Auburn falls to UGA on Saturday, Alabama wins the SEC West.  So, Auburn is playing to stay alive in the SEC West race, while Georgia is playing to become bowl eligible, and the spoiler for Auburn's championship hopes.  With that being said, I see Georgia coming out on top on Saturday in a close, hard fought win.

PPhoto credit: Kim Klement - USA TODAY Sports
_________________________________________________________________________

Enjoy week 11 of the college football season!

Here are some other games to watch out for:
Baylor at #11 Oklahoma
Mississippi State at #1 Alabama
Kentucky at Tennessee
#10 Penn State at Indiana
#5 Ohio State at Maryland
#3 Michigan at Iowa


You can follow me on twitter: @Footballfile

No comments:

Post a Comment