Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Top 5 Most Impressive College Football Teams Week 12

5. Auburn
Why: Auburn came in to Saturday #7 with a major test in rival #25 Georgia, and they impressed me earlier in the game when they got that big lead, but they led 37-17 in the 4th quarter, Georgia ended up scoring 21 unanswered points, but that was not the part that impressed me.  The part that impressed me was those last 50 seconds, especially that 8 second play, some people call it, "The Play of The Year" or "The Miracle on the Plains" either way that plays impressive. The composure of the Auburn players on that 4th & 18 was really impressed me.




4. Michigan State
Why?: Michigan State played Nebraska on Saturday, and Nebraska who was coming off a 17-13 victory at Michigan.  Nebraska who has a fairly good offense even with starting QB Taylor Martinez hurt. But what I found impressive was their ability get a lead, and I found it impressive that they were able to force 5 turnovers at Nebraska, and that's enough for #4 on my. "Most Impressive Teams"




3. Oklahoma State
Why?: Many people including me, thought that Texas would be able to stop Oklahoma State, but they proved us wrong.  I was really impressed with the way they executed on defense, and offense to come out with a 38-13 win at #24 Texas.






2. Baylor
Why?: #4 Baylor came in to Saturday vs Texas Tech, it was at a neutral site.  I found it really impressive when Texas Tech got a 14-0 lead on them, and they came back to not only lead, but to blow them out 63-34, this game was more then impressive for me.  And what also made me impressed was Baylor's depth nobody heard of Levi Norwood until that ball game 7 Rec, 156 yards, and 3 total TDs.  And that is why they are #2, on my.  "Most Impressive Teams"






1. USC
Why?: USC played #4 Stanford Saturday, in a game many thought could be a trap game for #4 Stanford, and they were right.  I was really impressed with them in the way that they were able to keep up it close, I thought when they stopped #4 Stanford from scoring when it was 17-17, and especially converting on 4th down conversion as well was really impressive to me, vs a good Stanford defense.







No comments:

Post a Comment